Friday, October 03, 2008

A dejavu

Everyone kept asking how I am coping. I always wonder what do people want to hear? The rosy answer or the honest truth? There's a saying that goes, "When times are rosy, you have so many friends around you but when you are down in the dumps the people around you also reduces".

Many claims to know me, yeah I know I was very active in all schools that I've ever attended, even as early as in Primary School. But how many people really knew me? Did anyone knew that when I was 15, my mum had a stroke and I had to take care of my brother and started cooking and cleaning the home instead of having fun after school. Those really close knew that my life basically collapse when that happened. I didn't have time for ECA which I used to love and participated actively prior to that incident. I envied friends who could go shopping with their mums for clothes, having meals together outside like buddies. Only He knows what I felt.

Now, 14years later the whole episode is just like another dejavu. I worry.. for whom? More for my dad. I respected him a lot, he went through enough already and now that he's 58 I wonder how much more he can endure. Many always thought that I had a very good life, never did they know that its the result of my dad's hard work. He starts work at 6am daily to fetch students to school and ends at 12midnight daily after sending the last factory workers to their factories. From his very hardwork, he provided for my brother and I a very good life till our varsity education. Our success today is all because of his hardwork. I must say that I'm a daddy's girl cause i really respected him for being able to provide for us all this years despite a burden which he carries on his shoulders since 1994.

I hope I can be strong for dad as the worse is yet to come and it would all start when she's discharged.Today marks the 24th day she's in hospital. I honestly am tired, rushing from the Airport to Office to NUH and on days to NUS daily. Its also taking a toll on my petrol consumption, my state of mind and lack of rest.

I hope we can all endure this test again...

No comments: