Saturday is normally a day filled with activities for the little fella. Baby was having fun playing at the water play area and I decided to check on my phone. Saw 3 missed call from my dad which was odd as dad seldom calls unless its urgent. Called back no reply and brother was in Dubai for a work trip. Panicking we decided to clean baby up and rushed to the west.
Received a call from uncle and said that Dad doesn't look very good when they visited and he seems very weak and aunt who was a nurse said his vitals were worrying and suggested going to the A&E and the nearest was KTPH and to meet us there.
At this moment I was seriously panicking, dad had always been our tower of strength. He's always the healthy one whereas mum was always the sick one.
On arrival, I couldn't bare to bring myself to look at my dad. He suddenly look so sick and frail unlike his usual energetic strong self. I almost broke down but I kept calm. As our son is only 1yr of age he can't enter the observation ward nor the HDU so hubby and myself had to take turns running to the hospital as brother is still overseas.
On 17 Dec which was my dad's birthday, the dr. informed me that both his kidney had less than 5% function and he urgently needs to start on dialysis and it would be a permanent arrangement. I was crushed and numb. As the only NOK, I had to sign all the procedure papers and he went thru with the first dialysis on his birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment