Sunday, September 30, 2012

Death : My close friend passed 29yrs of age

Sept 2012, Your last Facebook and Instagram post was of a happy occasion, awaiting a plane in Changi bound for Austria to rendezvous with your beloved husband who was on a business trip.

Your last whatsapp was to inform us that you will be longer than expected in Austria and would not make it back for Harris first birthday party. Never would I imagine that was your very last message to me.

Your sudden death hits me with a wave of uncontrollable emotions. You are young, healthy and fit which was totally opposite of me and to know you were bleeding internally suddenly in a foreign hospital many miles away saddens me. So many unanswered questions, one minute you were enjoying in Venice, they next you collapsed and losing too much blood.
I couldn't imagine how your husband felt, he was inconsolable and when we went to your home to help with your 5yr old son and 9 month old daughter I can't contain my tears.

Ven, may you rest in peace. You will be sorely missed and I will help your husband with the kids as long as he needed me.

In memory of Veny Handoko (1982-2012)

No comments: