Monday, November 18, 2013

I am a lousy everything ..

Off late, I've been too agitated and cried whenever he cries, getting too angry at work over the slightest mistake, too emotional with decisions. I felt helpless at times and even went into anxiety attacks. I thought I needed a break from work but I felt worse by myself. I used to be able to immerse myself in literature but my mind is in a mess that I can't even focus to read or even write a simple contract variation.

Nowadays, I feel like such a lousy mother, a lousy wife, a lousy staff, a lousy superior, a lousy everything.

I've been dragging my deliverables as far as it can go and this is so unlike me. My peers kept asking why I'm picking on my food and don't appear to be my cheery self that sometimes I feel ashamed to join them for lunch.

I'm shuttling between novena and city hall on some days of the week, doesn't help that the office overlooks clarke quay. I'm spending way too much time starring into that river, was even intrigued when I saw a body floating last week. 

I've been experiencing chest discomfort, initially I thought I was having a heart attack but it's just frequent anxiety. 

Do I need help? Subconsciously my mind says yes but would it really help or is this a temporary situation. Vexed...

No comments: